Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 16 of 90 amazing fermented results

I have been trying a new way of getting healthy, getting healthy from the inside out. I apparently have been doing it the wrong way. You cannot get healthy from the outside in. But what is healthy anyway?

 Our ancestors found a way to hijack bacteria and make them work for us. 80% of them live in our gut. They help break down our foods and release many vitamins and minerals we need to survive. We use them as our immune system against other bacteria.

Since the world has 85% good bacteria and 15% bad bacteria, we will always have the upper hand. However, we get all these beneficial bacteria from the foods we eat. Fermented foods in particular.

Fermenting foods and drinks protected our foods from the bad bacteria which allowed us to store many foods for long periods of time. Since the invention of the refrigerator, we no longer had to ferments our foods.

Interesting since the invention of the refrigerator, and the changing of the way we preserve foods, we have been getting sick  and fat.

So, I am repopulating myself with beneficial bacteria to see if that helps regulate my bodies system and hormones.

So far, it is working. I am naturally more energetic, less hungry and crave more fermented foods and drinks. Lots of probiotics and digestive enzymes.

Since we know we have a minimum requirements of fats and proteins, I am making sure my diet has a lot of good proteins and fats.

Interesting however, there is no minimum dietary minimums for carbohydrates or sugars. Therefore I will eliminate both.

I so far have dropped 8 pounds and 2 inches from my waistline.

 I think this may be the key to true health and fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment