Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 11 of 90 carb back loading

Going on a low carbohydrate diet for a week can be challenging.  Once I started looking at food labels, I realized how many carbs I have been eating. One healthy Fuji apple is 30 g of carbohydrates. One 16 ounce bottle of Coca-Cola is 60 g of carbohydrates. 

I know you are thinking that an Apple has healthier carbohydrates. True. But our body doesn't know the difference.  Carbohydrates are sugars and insulin will be released.  

If we want our bodies to burn fat as fuel, we have to take out carbohydrates first.

If the first thing you drink in the morning is a Coca-Cola, your insulin levels will spike and cause everything you eat and drink to be stored and body fat. And I thought it was just the sugar in Coca-Cola.

If the first thing you eat in the morning are two apples, the same thing will happen… Your body will release insulin and cause your body to store your food for the rest of the day as body fat.

Is this statement true? Mainstream dietitians, doctors, regular people… Would probably question this. That's why I am doing this particular challenge. I want to see if this really is the case.

Got my 30 minutes in today. 

Tried bullet proof coffee

Great day for a hike.  Now a nap :)

I hope your Saturday is amazing! I will blog again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment