Friday, January 24, 2014

Day 24 of 90

I stopped weighing myself every day since I did the carbohydrate back loading day when I ate the donuts and pizza. Since that day, I have not been myself. 

So I have been studying up on foods that may have caused me to fill strange and different.

How can donuts and pizza caused me to feel so ill for so long? I think it could be the nitrates and sulfates in the meat pizza combined with the fats used to fried donuts and possibly wheat gluten.

I also believe that my gut bacteria also known as gut Flora, has been compromised with a lot of bad gut bacteria.

So I have changed up my diet just a little bit to work on cleaning up my gut.

I have learned that your gut bacteria is 80% of your immune system. The things you directly eat, directly affect your immune system.  

The more I learn, the more intricate I realize our bodies really are.

I am looking into going back to college to be a nutritionist. I believe I can learn so much more in college than searching the Internet and listening to podcasts.

I stepped on the scale yesterday and I weighed 217 pounds. I stepped on the scale this morning and I still weighed 217 pounds. Another thing I noticed, since I took fruit out of my diet, my regular bowel movements have almost stopped.  I contribute this to less fiber in my diet and more cheese. So I am going to take care of that by eating a serving of prunes at night and cutting back on cheese for the next week.

Going back to the weight situation, I definitely feel like I have a lot less body fat. This scale says I am 21% body fat and when I started this the scale said I was 25% body fat.   I do not believe that I gained a lot of muscle. I do however believe I lost a lot more body fat than the scale says. I am not sure if my weight gain is because of the lack of regular bowel movement. I may have to go on a cleanse. I would like a natural cleanse that will not harm my good bacteria that I am trying to repopulate.

The way I am really populating my good flora, is high-quality yogurts, and fermented foods such as sauerkraut, pickles and kimchi.

Here are some of the gluten-free carbs I will be eating today.


 


The following is the plan of attack for my carbohydrate back loading as listed on MyFitnessPal


Yesterday I've been over 5700 cal.



I think this will still be okay

Gluten-free pasta and gluten-free garlic bread. Chicken and spaghetti sauce. Extremely delicious.

Now the question is, how will I look tomorrow morning :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment