Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 28 of 90

By day, I have complete control over my body. And mind. At night when I am exhausted, my gut flora has complete control over my mind.


I was exhausted last night but I stayed up with my family. I barely remember all the foods I ate. It was the invasion of the bodysnatchers.

It is another ah ha moment.  When I am fully rested, I have complete control over my mind and body. However, when I am tired and exhausted, I find myself over eating. It is like another mind has taken over my brain and is eating everything in sight.

Do you find yourself almost in a zombie like state eating foods you know you are trying to avoid because you are trying to lose weight?

It is not your fault. Let me say that one more time, it is not your fault!

Your intestines, I will call your gut. In your guts you have good and bad bacteria. All these bacteria I will call Flora.  Your gut flora is about 70% of your immune system. When your gut flora has good bacteria, your immune system is amazing!

Scientists have proven that your gut flora has a direct link to your brain.  The largest colony of bacteria holds this direct connection to your Brain and influences the foods you eat. The food you eat is what feeds the colony of bacteria.

High sugar concentration and refined dense carbohydrates feed the bad bacteria in your gut. The more sugar and refined carbohydrates help this colony of bad bacteria to overrun your good gut flora. Your good gut Flora is 70% of your immune system.

This means that it is extremely difficult to lose weight and stay healthy when your body does not have the good gut Flora. 

If you feel that your mind is being taken over and you have very little self-control when it comes to eating sweets, drinking sugary sodas and eating high refined carbohydrates, it may not be your fault.

So what can you do to jumpstart your good gut Flora and kill out all of the bad gut bacteria?

First and foremost, we need to change the environment of your gut. Your good got Flora needs a less acidic environment.  We need to change the pH balance.  We need to bring in more good gut flora.

How do we do such a thing? Easy as sugar-free pie LOL

We need to stop the sugar that is feeding your bad gut bacteria.

We need to stop the carbohydrate load.

Re populate good gut Flora with fermented foods and yogurt.

Yep.  That easy.  

Low carb - high quality good fats - high protein

Eat high quality, lean meats.

Very green vegetables

Coconut oil, black walnut oil, and other hold pressed oil.

Low carb as in less than 30 g per day. 

Eat fermented sauerkraut, fermented pickles, fermented kimchi and other fermented foods.

High quality yogurt as in Greek yogurt with live cultures. Usually five good strains of bacteria.

Stay away from high sugary yogurt. The kinds that taste good enough to eat a whole pound at one sitting. Too much sugar feeds the bad bacteria.

The plain Greek yogurt tastes and has the consistency of sour cream. The vanilla is quite similar with a hint of vanilla. Be prepared to only be able to eat a few spoonfuls at a time. 

How can this be accomplished?

The first 30 days, prepare your own foods/meals at home.

If you are used to eating out for all of your meals… This may be difficult.  But after 30 days, you will not have these crazy cravings for donuts, sodas and snack cakes. And if you are drooling now and have a craving for a fresh donut and a cold soda, you are being brainwashed by a small bacteria. Don't let these small things take over your body. It is your body!

Find a high-quality, refrigerated probiotic at your nearest health food store.

Find some lean meats that you enjoy. Get a bag of frozen broccoli. Eat meat, green vegetables in till you are full. Don't worry about calories, enjoy being full of good foods. Find fermented foods at your nearest whole food store also. This new diet will change your life forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment